Reverse Engineering of worn out cast part and replace in real time!!
In the modern world lots of technologies have made way and growing in a tremendous manner but in 3D scanning instead gradual growth it grows in a rapid manner. 3D scanning and replacing a static part is possible but replacing a dynamic part takes a huge risk.
Customer requirement is?
A 20 year old giant pump seems to be in a huge trouble, this pump working medium is blackish water which runs 16hrs/day result in the casing cover to wear out soon enough. This may cause the efficiency and life cycle of the pump to be reduced causing a huge loss to customer. Backup of Design data for future reference by reverse engineering. So we gave the reverse engineering with freescan X7 (3D Laser Scanner) and Geomagic design X (Reverse Engineering Software) as the solution.
Why our experts choose FreeScan X7?
• Handheld scanning which makes scanning ease for shop floor surrounding
• High accuracy of 0.03mm
• Volume precision of 0.02mm + 0.06mm/m.z
Reverse Engineering Process
• As the first step a set of target stickers were fixed on the physical object for aligning purpose.
• 20 minutes to scan the complete object with Freescan X7
• 10 minutes for post processing has been done in Geomagic Wrap
• For parametric modeling considering fit and casting allowance design data has been made in 15 hrs. with the help of the Geomagic Design X
With the help of Freescan X7 (3D Laser Scanner), Geomagic Wrap (Mesh & Nurbs Creation Software) and Geomagic Design X (Reverse Engineering Software) a physical pump casing part has been converted to a Digitalized 3D drawing and in future a number of replica parts can be created by considering this drawing as a master piece. Hence Problem has been solved with ease of energy and pump has been renovated.